[cs13001] gdb in arrays

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Tue Oct 2 19:00:05 EDT 2012

> Judging by the fact that I couldn't find anything related to gdb in
> the book, I'm assuming it's not c++ . And seeing that I don't even
> know what it is, I'm judging it's g++.

gdb is a standalone debugger developed by the same group (GNU Project)
that develops g++. In this course we are using the debugger that comes
with Microsoft Visual Studio. So you don't have to learn about gdb.

Both gdb and Microsoft's debugger have problems displaying arrays
passed to functions. Last time in class we discussed how to use
watchpoints in the visual studio to observe the arrays.