[cs13001] Format of Midterm?

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Tue Oct 16 23:00:42 EDT 2012

> Professor Nesterenko,
>
> What is the format of midterm? Is there any extended answer where we have
> to write code or is it multiple choice?
>
> Thanks!

> Professor,
>
> When you said that some of the questions you will need
> to write a small program, will they be similar to the labs?  And
> information would be much appreciated. Thank you!

The midterm will have 7 to 9 questions with the number of points for
each shown in square brackets. The total number of points is 100. The
questions are essay (that is, they are not multiple choice). On some
questions you will be asked to explain concepts we studied. If asked,
illustrate them with your code. You may have to write code. You may be
asked to write code. Probably no more than 5-10 lines. Certainly less
code than on the labs. The objective of the code writing questions
would be to demonstrate your familiarity with the programming concepts
we have studied.