[cs13001] Arrays in structures

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Wed Oct 17 00:55:43 EDT 2012

> In the second structure example, does that mean that e and f now
> have arrays of 10 stored inside them? So basically, it means that
> that all structure variables (or member variables, can I call them
> the first name?) are now arrays, right?

Structure variables are variables of type structure. Member variables
are variables inside a structure definition. Note that a member
variable may be a structure variable. In this case this member
variable defines a substructure inside a complex structure.

Here is the example we studied in class:

   http://vega.cs.kent.edu/~mikhail/classes/csi.f12/Examples/Structs/complex.cpp

In this example "e" is a member variable of structure "comp_example"
that defines a substructure.