[cs13001] Diagrams

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Thu Dec 13 11:15:43 EST 2012

> I was reading the diagrams slides, and I noticed that in it, all the
> variables and functions didn't have the semi colon at the end, is
> that a mistake? Or is it intentional? Would I get points deducted
> for adding them (or forgetting them, depending on which is wrong)?

Semicolon following a function prototype is a syntactic rule of C++.

Diagrams designed to be programming language agnostic. This means that
they are designed to express object oriented concepts rather than the
syntax of a particular programming language.  Note that diagrams have
their own syntax. For example, classes are shown in boxes while
objects are in ovals.