[cs13001] lab uploading troubles

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Fri Jan 25 18:57:47 EST 2013

> Ive
> finished the lab and uploaded only to realize that i uploaded the wrong
> item. I simply re uploaded the correct .cpp files, but it wont let me
> delete the other files through TortoiseSVN. Should I just leave them or is
> there a way i can delete them?

The procedure of deleting items from the subversion repository is
similar to copying the files from it.

- First, you need to check out (move the files from the remote
  repository to the hard drive of your machine). To do that,
  select the local folder where you want the files stored, right-click
  on it and choose "SVN Checkout..." option from the dropdown menu.

  This would bring up a popup dialog box that prompts you for the
  repository URL and the local folder that will store it. You will
  then be prompted for your login name and password.

- once a project folder is checked out, it has a green checkmark next to
  its icon. This means that this project is under subversion client
  control and changes to the files there are tracked.

- Once you are done making changes you need to check in the project
  (copy the changed files back to the remote repository). For that,
  right-click on the folder and detect "SVN Commit...". Again, you'll
  be prompted for your login name and password, then asked to specify
  a commit message and then the files would be copied.

Note that if you need to resume the work on your project on a
different machine. For example, if you have not finished your project
during the lab time and want to continue working on it at home. You
will need to check in the project in the lab and then check it out at
home.