[CSI] cs1b questions

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Thu May 12 23:08:33 EDT 2016

> Thanks, in regard to header file I meant out of the 2 safer styles for
> using names from namespace, which style is used in header file ( explicit
> scope resolution or importing specific names)?

There is an explicit style prohibition against using

   using namespace std;

in a header file. Other than that, there are no hard and fast
rules. However, in the header files, I recommend to be careful and
import names into as narrow a scope as possible since a programmer
using your header files would be exposed to your imported names.