[CSI] Quiz 1

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Wed Sep 7 16:55:26 EDT 2016

> Hello! My name is Emily from your MW 9:15-10:30 CS1 class. What do
> you suggest we study? There???s a lot of material to understand and
> memorize, especially for someone who is completely new at this.

I suggest you focus on the material that we covered in class. However,
just studying the slides is usually insufficient since the slides
provide only the outline for the material we discuss. I suggest to use
the textbook and study the relevant chapters listed on the course's
webpage. Then come back to the slides to make sure you are comfortable
with the material there.

To give you an idea as to what the quiz questions are like, I linked a
sample quiz to the course's webpage. Please take a look. Bear in mind
that this is an old quiz so some of the material covered by that quiz
is no longer taught or taught differently.