[CSI] end of CSIA issues

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Wed Oct 3 20:24:37 EDT 2018

CSIA students,

Here are end of the course scheduling issues:

* there are 6 labs in CSIA. The 7th lab (strings and I/O)
  is actually the first lab in CSIB. YOu are free to try
  to complete it and show or consult the lab instructors
  but do not submit it and  it will not be formally graded
  in CSIA

* there are no labs assigned after the 6th lab. After 6th lab
  assignment the attendance is not required or recorded. The lab
  instructors are in the labs during lab times in case you have
  questions. This is a good time to check your lab and quiz grades
  to make sure they are properly recorded.

* strings and I/O material is on CSIA final.

* the final is on Tuesday, October 9th in the same room and during
  the same time as the regular lecture.

* there is no class on Thursday Oct 11th, the university is on
  mid-semester break

* there are no labs on Tuesday Oct 9th through Monday Oct 15th. Labs
  are closed, lab instructors are not there.

* We are grading the final on Wed Oct 10. As soon as we are done, we
  post the final exam grades in subversion and course grades in
  flashline. I email to the mailing list when done.

* If your CSIA grade is C or above, you may register for CSIB. You are
  not automatically registered, so check your registration status.

* If your CSIA grade is less than C, you will be dropped from
  CSIB. You may register for CSIA-repeat which starts on Oct 16.

* CSIB starts with a lecture on Tuesday Oct 16th. Same lecture
  instructor, same place and time.

* CSIB sections are different from CSIA sections, check your lab
  times. You may also get a different lab instructor.