[CSI] end of CSIA, CSIB changeover schedule

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Thu Oct 3 16:48:10 EDT 2019

CSI students,

This is a rundown on the dates and events of the end of CSIA.

CSIA

- labs: if you attended a lab 6 (last lab of the semester) assignment
  lab, you do not have to come to the lab anymore in CSIA. However,
  lab instructors are in the lab in case you have questions. They will
  be in the labs at scheduled times through Wednesday, October
  9th. Labs are closed for the rest of that week.

  For all but Monday sections, labs are due at their usual times. For
  sections 001 and 007 (Monday sections), your labs are due by
  midnight on Thursday, October 10th.

- exam: Thursday, October 8th. During lecture time in our lecture hall
  (MSC 177). Closed books, closed notes, bring a picture id.

- grading: we grade the final exam in the morning on Wednesday October
  9th. As soon as we are done, we'll post the exam grades in
  subversion and email about it to the mailing list.

  Since there is a wait with the lab deadlines for Monday sections,
  your semester grades may not be available until Friday, October 11th
  Once the grades are entered into flashline, I'll email to the
  mailing list.

CSIB/CSIA repeat

- If you get at least a C in CSIA. You will be allowed to enroll in
  CSIB. It is your responsibility to enroll, you will not be
  automatically enrolled. Free enrollment is available until Thursday,
  October 15th.

  If you get less than a C you will be dropped from CSIB. You may
  enroll in CSIA that is taught in the second part of the fall
  semester (CSIA repeat). Three sections of CSIA repeat are available.

- CSIB starts on Monday, October 14. Monday lab sections have a
  lab this monday. The first lecture is on Tuesday, October 15th
  12:30-1:45pm (regular lecture date and time). However, the location
  has changed. We are now meeting in LCM 101.

  The CSIB and CSIA lab section times do not necessarily match. Make
  sure what CSIB section you enrolled in and attend the lab
  accordingly. You may also get a different lab instructor.