[CSI] recordings, quiz, trial test

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Tue Sep 8 15:09:14 EDT 2020

CSIA students,

* The recordings of today's lecture and the second (branching lab) for
  all sections by 001 are on the course's webpage.

* The first quiz will be held at the beginning of the class, on
  Tuesday, September 15th.

  The quiz will be secured by proctorio. It is a Chrome browser
  extension. Here is the information as to what it is and how to set it
  up

     https://www.kent.edu/sites/default/files/file/verify_mylabs_guide_0.pdf

  to take the test, you are required to have a webcam and to have an
  id.

  Also, to the course's webpage I linked an example quiz and a quiz key
  so you can take a look what the quiz is like.

* I set up a "trial test" in the blackboard area of the course. It is
  available now. It has one multiple choice question and one essay
  question. It is configured for 5 minutes. I has the same proctored
  setup as the upcoming quizzes and exam. This trial test is not
  required and no points will be given for it.  However, you may use it
  to check your computer setup for the tests.