[cs23021] Attendance, Special circumstances, and tutoring

Zakiya Tamimi ztamimi at kent.edu
Fri Feb 3 11:11:17 EST 2012

Dear students of section 002 and 004,

(1) According to lab's policy, see
http://deneb.cs.kent.edu/~mikhail/classes/csi.s12/Labs/policy.html

"Two points are deducted from the assignment submission for the missed
lab session"

Please make sure you attend each lab and that I get you checked as
attending before you leave. Also note that so far, you haven't lost
points over absence, and this is about to change.

(2) Special circumstances are dealt with on case-by-case basis. The
general guidelines when you miss a lab are as follows:
- please contact me by email as soon as you know you'll miss a lab (or
already missed one).
- find another lab section (including sec 1 and 2) to attend as a make
up for the missed one.
- make sure I get your attendance from the other lab instructor (if applies).
- get help from me or Rizal during lab time, office hours, or by email
in order to get your submission on time.
- depending on the case, you may be granted more than 3 days to submit
your assignment without penalty.
- in case you need an extension beyond maximum submission limit (one
week), a doctor note (or equivalent) is required.
- in case your machine fails, you can use machines in room 160, M-F
8a-7p to get work done.

(3) In addition, you are always welcome to ask for help during any
other lab section time; even if you didn't miss your lab session.

Kind Regards,
~Zakiya