[Cs3] Issue with Lab 7

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Thu Oct 16 10:16:53 EDT 2014

Jordan Adamek wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> A few of you came to me regarding odd errors in the original code for Lab 7
> (Rehash). It seems the code is missing three key includes:
>
> <string>
> <algorithm>
> <functional>
>
> Make sure your code includes these three headers.
>
> Note of advice: some IDEs may automatically include these headers, which
> could provide some false confidence for a successful compile: again,
> *always* test in hornet, which does not auto-include anything. I will take
> half a point for compile failures due to missing includes.

To be more exact, clang and gcc include these headers by default. That
is, they do not have to be in the code. Which is not
standard. However, if you are trying to compile the example code on
compiles like Mac's Xcode, which complies with the C++ standard, you
may have to include the above headers.

thanks,