[Cs3] Lab 1 Question

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Thu Aug 31 18:35:28 EDT 2017

> It is stated in the lab 1 description:
> "assume the two file names are the same length".
>
> I am not sure what the significance of this is.
> Does this mean our program should not handle names of differing lengths?

The program printout is such that the file names are listed. If the
file names are different, your program has to account for the file
difference and pad the shorter file name so that the lines align. You
are _not_ required to do that by assuming that file names are the same
length.

> The description also says:
> "assume the files exist".
>
> Is it okay if I check that the files exist anyways?

you could, but it is not required.