[Cs3] Compiling code on wasp

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Wed Jan 16 22:35:39 EST 2019

> I have done my work for lab 1 on my laptop on Visual Studio, rather
> than emacs directly on wasp, and am trying to figure out how to get
> my code on wasp so I can double check that it will compile on the CS
> server, before I submit it to the svn.  I am assuming there is a
> more efficient way than manually rewriting it in emacs, but I am not
> particularly familiar with Putty and help would be appreciated,
> thank you.

I commend you on using visual studio.

You can just cut-and-paste your code from windows into emacs/vi for
test-compilation.

You can also copy your windows the files to your unix account. I use
WinSCP.

A third option is to check in your files to SVN from the windows
machine and then check them out into unix. A crash course on SVN
commands on Unix is here:

  http://vega.cs.kent.edu/~mikhail/classes/csi/Labs/Unix/tutorial.html