[cs33211] Re: Project 3

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Sat Apr 18 22:45:40 EDT 2009

> I implemented the inode using a 2 dimensional array. I was wondering
> if this was alright since the 8th and 9th blocks aren't so much
> references as they are secondary arrays (The 8th is its own array and
> the 9th is an array of arrays).

Well, it is up to you how you organize the in-memory structure. Your
disk, however, should be stored in blocks of 10 bytes.

That said, I am not sure two-dimensional array would be ideal. I would
assume the structure similar to what you store on the disk in a block
would be more appropriate.

> Also, how should the output look? If we output it in a raw way then
> it'll just be a huge sequence of numbers on top of whatever was
> contained in the file.

The output should look like input -- a string of characters.