[cs33211] several questions on our OS class and the project.

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Mon Oct 1 11:23:05 EDT 2012

> First, when I went over our syllabus, I did not the percentage of the quiz,
> so what percentage does the quiz occupy in the final grade?

If you did not sign up to the course's mailing list, please do so. The
sign up instructions are on the course's webpage:

     http://www.cs.kent.edu/~mikhail/classes/os/

A link to list message archive is also there. The quizzes and the quiz
grading policy are explained in the first message I sent to the mailing
list.

> Second, I tried to understand the project 1 but I have no idea on it. Could
> you please offer any hint or talk it a little bit on the class?

There are two parts. You can do the first part (printing letters)
right now. You will need to study synchronization primitives to do
second part (road construction). We'll cover them in class on
Wednesday (Oct 3d).