[cs33211] SSH and SVN

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Thu Oct 11 16:06:24 EDT 2012

> I'm in the OS class and we are getting close to submitting our first
> project via svn.
>
> I never took CS1 or CS2 at Kent I took them at Akron. I apologize for my
> lack of familiarity with our systems.
>
> My question is that once a program is submitted to my svn account can
> either of the ssh servers(neptune or Poseidon) see that directory. I ask
> because I would like to test my program on the servers they will be graded
> on. If they can't, how would you recommend moving the project files onto my
> account on the departments servers that I can ssh into so I may run them.

You can submit your project using Windows subversion client called
TortoiseSVN

Here are the instructions for our CS I course:

  http://www.cs.kent.edu/~mikhail/classes/csi.f12/Labs/subversion.html

Or you can ssh to poseidon.cs.kent.edu or neptune.cs.kent.edu and use a
command-line interface to subversion. The basic commands are:

  - checking the project out
             svn co http://web.server.com/Repository
  - checking changes in (committing)
             svn ci Repository -m "message for this version"

Here is a reference card for subversion commands.

  http:/www.cs.kent.edu/~mikhail/classes/csi.f12/Labs/Lab13/svn-refcard.pdf

Either way, it is a good idea to verify your submission on the
web. Type in the URL for your repository into the web-browser. It'll
show you what was submitted.