[cs33211] cs33211 project question

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Mon Nov 26 18:40:28 EST 2012

> In main.cpp, will each input from the keyboard overwrite the entire file?
> Or will it be appended to what was already written in the file?

You program may assume that the disk is empty. In other words, it
should overwrite what was stored on the disk before the program is
invoked.

> Also, are we allowed to use a buffer when reading and writing? Thank you.

You are allowed to. However, you cannot use the information from the
between writing to the file and reading from it. That is, the reading
part of your program should read the data from the disc and not from
the in-memory buffer.