[cs63201] Doubt

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Wed May 12 18:14:07 EDT 2010

> Can u please explain me the the phrase " As steps in T and S
> commute"( Lemma 14.5 There exist no reachable fork) what does
> commute mean here.

This claim follows from proposition 14.1 which is the application of
Theorem 2.19. Informally, what it says is that concurrent events (at
two different processes) can be executed in any order.

> I'm sorry I couldn't come today as i didn't finish my reading
> yet. Can i Know whether the office hours on Thursday are still there
> or were cancelled.

There are no official office hours during the finals week. I will be
in my office on Thursday from 11:00am till noon. You can stop by then.