[cs13001] Hurricane Sandy

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Mon Oct 29 22:16:37 EDT 2012

> - Is it called lose pointer? Or loose pointer? The slide says loose
>   each no less than 2 times...

It is loose (as in not tight). I corrected the slides.

> - What exactly is the purpose of pointers? I didn't see a reason why
>   I should use them.

pointers are effective means of manipulating memory locations. A
single pointer may point to different memory locations. One of the
major reasons to use pointers is dynamic memory allocation: see below.

> - Apart from L19, did you give the class any other slides? L20 for instance?

We covered slides 1 through 7 in L19 (all but the last one) and slides
1 through 8 in L20. All this material will be on the quiz on Wednesday.