[cs13001] 2nd Lab Question

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Thu Feb 28 10:26:12 EST 2013

This is regarding Lab 7, second part, correct?

> Regarding the second lab; I'm having trouble understanding the directions.
> Firstly, what do you mean by:
> "That is, you may not program your assignment such that it only works with
> the provided example file"? Does it mean that the user must input the name
> of the file (assigning it to a string) as opposed to placing our single txt
> filename into the program?

It means that the data fields may change and instead of "Home Depot"
the file may contain "Best Buy" as a payee.

> Secondly, can the text file we create, be created in any directory on the
> computer and can it be included in the program (such as how header files
> are), and must we use the example file exactly as it is? Or modify the
> names, dates, etc.

For this program, you must use the file names and locations as
stated. In general,  input and output files may be placed in
arbitrary locations. For example:

  ifStream.open("C:\Users\Default\Documents\myfile.txt");