[cs13001] Class attendance

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Wed Feb 19 20:23:23 EST 2014

> Good morning! I was unable to make it to class today due to illness
> but I am going to get a doctor's excuse later today. I know there
> are points for participation. Is there anything I can do since I
> missed today's lecture? Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

I do not take attendance during lectures, nor do I need doctor's
notes. The situation is different for the labs, where attendance is
required.

Now, each participation question is probably less than a single point
so there is no reason for concern. There is no exact number of points
per question as I am not sure how many times we'll have these
card-based review sessions (we just missed a few due to snow
days). But the general advice is that students who come to most
lectures and answer most questions will get full participation credit.