[cs13001] Submitting Labs via SVN Repo Browser

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Fri Feb 21 21:34:42 EST 2014

> Dr Nesterenko,
>
> I was curious if there was a way to make changes to previously committed
> code while using the repo brower, and if so how can I go about doing that?
>  Every time I try my SVN client freezes.

Subversion is a versioning and revision control system.  We are just
using it for student project submission.

You should not try to overwrite already submitted code. Instead, the
operation with subversion is as follows. You work with code, then
submit it to the repository (the operation is called "check in"). Then,
if you need to update the code, you "check it out" from the
repository, modify it, then check back in.

The check in and check out operations (together with repo-browser) are
options in the drop-down menu of the windows explorer.

thanks,