[CSI] remote instruction update

Mikhail Nesterenko mikhail at cs.kent.edu
Sat Mar 14 14:52:45 EDT 2020

Mikhail Nesterenko wrote:
> CSIB students,
>
> Classes, labs and my office hours will continue during scheduled
> times starting next week: the week of March 15th. The participation is
> through Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. I will email detailed
> instructions as to how to use it.
>
> As usual, the lecture attendance is not mandatory but highly
> recommended. Lab attendance is mandatory.
>
> This week's deadlines are pushed forward one week (the week of March
> 15th). Next week's deadlines (the week of March 15th) remain.
>
> Quiz #3, originially scheduled for March 19th, is either going to be
> conducted next week. I'll email the specifics of what will happen to
> the quiz later.

CSIB students,

The upcoming lab deadlines are as follows:

Sections 001 and 002 (meetings on Monday, Xinyi is the lab instuctor)
 - Lab 7 (strings/File IO) - March 16 by midnight (this coming monday)
 - Lab 8 (structures)      - March 30 by midnight (the monday after
      			     spring break)
 - Lab 9 (classes)	   - April 6th (monday the week after spring
      			     break)

Sections 003 (meetings on Friday, Kendric is the lab instructor)
  - Lab 7 (strings/File IO) - March 20th by midnight (friday before
    	  		      spring break)
  - Lab 8 (structures)    - April 3 (friday after spring break)
  - Lab 9 (classes)	  - April 10 (friday the week after spring break)

The deadlines for later lab will be announced later. No labs are due
during the spring break. I posted lab assignments 7 through 9th. You
are free to work on them in advanced.

Students in all sections are to meet online on blackboard at regular
lab times.  This includes sections 001 and 002 who are meeting on
Monday, March 16th. The attendance is mandatory. I will send the
blackboard connection instructions later.